[freeside-users] Prepay probs...

Max Lock maxlock at xnet.co.nz
Tue May 9 21:21:09 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

 I'm setting a simple prepaid card system demo. I've installed 1.5.8cvs
successfully, and setup as per the docs.

 I've created some $5 cards (no minutes). An sqlradacct_hour plan, $5
setup fee, $5 recur_hourly_charge and 2 included_hours. An sqlradius
export, default seconds 7200, fixed usergroup.

 radacctd, queued etc are all running fine.

 now when I create an account with one of my prepaid cards, I can
authenticate ok, and a radius session record in present in the radius
db. however once the session is finished, the Session-Timeout attribute
in the radius db isn't updated, it stays at 7200, even though in the
freeside account view It's showing time used, and a remaining time less
than 7200 seconds.

 I'm _guessing_ that the export isn't working correctly? radacctd I
assume to be working as it looks like it's job is solely to get
accounting data _into_ freeside.

 the only way I've been able to correct this issue is to run
freeside-sqlradacct-reset, which then corrects the Session-Timeout
attribute in the radius db. I've wiped the db and started over with no
change too.

 what's a good way to start debugging this? there's nothing in the logs?

 -Cheers Max.