[freeside-users] exporting to PowerDNS database

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 20:34:30 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 09:39:24AM -0600, Vlad Sedov wrote:
> has anyone experimented with exporting DNS records from freeside to a
> database-driven DNS server, such as powedns?....

If you're considering using powerdns because the updates are dynamic,
you may want to note that BIND already supports dynamic on-the-fly
modifications.  The RFC's for this were developed years ago, and it
works rather well.  In my pondering, I think it would be nice to see
updates hit the DNS servers as they are requested.  This of course,
also requires development into freeside, because these features are
yet unavailable in freeside.

I've only seen this in production for a DNS blacklist.  I'm doutful
this handles adding/removing domains themself.

Just my thoughts..

Scott
--
Daxal Communications - http://www.daxal.com