[freeside-users] Freeside and sqlradius_withdomain

Dave Mill davemill at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:50:25 PST 2006

Hi,

I am running Freeside 1.5.7 on FC4. Freeside has been running nicely
for a few months now. I am now looking at added an accelerated service
to my set-up. I have run in to a few problems when trying to set this
up.

First of all, does anyone have any examples of using the following tools?

generate-raddb
dbdef-create
and fs-radius-add-check

As all of these tools look pretty useful for what I am doing.

Next up I seem to have some strange issues when setting up Radius
groups. Could someone show me an example of the following tables in
their freeside database?

radius_usergroup
svc_acct
and  	part_svc_column

Of coruse these examples would come from someone who is currently
using sqlradius_withdomain and using Radius groups.

Now, just in case anyone has any useful pointers I'll explain what I
am currently doing.

-In my current set-up I am not using Radius groups at all. I would
like to move to using these though.
-I intend on making 2 groups, one called Users and one called Slipstream.
-I have found which Radius attributes differ when a Slipstream users
'dials up' as opposed to a normal user.
-My wholesale provider will be prepending the prefix 'DUB+' to all
slipstream radius request usernames

I guess that's about it really. I have a fairly good idea of how to
accomplish what I am doing just need a bit of a hand making Freeside
do what I want. I'm not against editing source code or having to get a
bit dirty. I've been using Linux/Unix for many years.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave