[freeside-users] Domains and catchalls

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Thu Feb 16 20:27:04 PST 2006

Stuart Craig <scraig at spiritone.com> wrote on Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:49:20 -0800...

+----------
| Subject: [freeside-users] Domains and catchalls
|
| Next question...  I tried to set a fixed catchall of "error:nouser 550
| User Unknown" on one of our primary domains, but when I try to provision
| that domain, I get:
|
| Error: Illegal (numeric) catchall: error:nouser 550 User Unknown
|
| Examining the svc_domain table, I see catchall is defined as an
| integer... so maybe I don't understand what it's really used for.  Is it
| used as an index into another table?  I thought it was a place to store
| the domain catchall email address, and we require that the catchall for
| all domains be the error message above.

  When I originally added the catchall to svc_domain, I intended it to
reference a svc_acct (by containing svcnum).  I still use it that way
today.  I do not know what current exports do.

 Jeff Finucane

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]