[freeside-users] Enabling Echecking

Kyle Leissner kyle at ziox.net
Thu Oct 20 15:53:00 PDT 2005

Hello,

So I use authorize.net for my credit card processing using freeside, and now
I have signed up with echeck service using them. So in the freeside gui, I
edit the configuration script putting:

AuthorizeNet
myauth.netusername
myauth.netpassword

In the business-onlinepayment-ach field, which is exactly just how I put it
in the business-onlinepayment (which is the cc card field I think)? Because
my authorize.net account is the same for both echeck and cc cards, this
should work I think. So then I enable CARD and CHEK on the signup form. The
cc card processing works like always but the echecking does not, I get a
processing error. But when I then log into freeside, click on the account
that I just tried to create using echeck and the signup form, and the press
the process Process electronic check (ACH) payment  , the transaction then
works?

Can someone please explain this to me? Do I need to setup something else?
Does just the business-onlinepayment need to be filled out, and not the
business-onlinepayment-ach field? What is the difference between CARD, DCRD,
CHEK, DCHK, and LECB?

Thank you,
Kyle Leissner