[freeside-users] Self Service Signup.cgi First Package shows only none

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Nov 17 03:42:17 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 05:26:59AM -0600, Brian Anderson wrote:
> Update on this issue: I got it to work by adding a svc_acct type of service
> to each package. The packages then appeared in the drop-down box. I suppose
> this makes sense, but it was a little counterintuitive to me. My intended
> use is wifi hotspot access, so I really wasn't thinking in terms of setting
> up a shell account or any other account for every person that came through.

That's not what a svc_acct service means, necessarily.  A svc_acct
service just means a username/password pair.  Presumably you are
authenticating these users via RADIUS and you have a RADIUS export, so
you need an svc_acct service definition that exports to RADIUS.

> I just want to give them short-term access (24hr, for instance) via credit
> card, and not track them as permanent customers. That said, if the only way
> to do it is to set them up as a full blown customer, I can live with it.
>
> FWIW, I stubbed my toe on a simple thing when setting up my radius export.
> My radius/mysql box is a separate box (may change that),

That's the recommended configuration in most cases.