Freeside-RT WebUI errors

Shivkumar shivkumar at outbackwifi.com
Fri May 13 08:08:57 PDT 2005

hi,
Ive installed Freeside v1.5.0pre6 CVS dated 21 April 05 on a Solaris 8
sun-sparc machine.

In my quest for integrating RT with freeside, i have managed to
successfully install
RT using
#make create-rt
I also made the following changes to my httpsd.conf

# replace /var/www/freeside with your freeside document root
<DirectoryMatch "^/var/www/freeside/rt/.*NoAuth">
<Limit GET POST>
allow from all
Satisfy any
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Mason
</Limit>
</DirectoryMatch>
# replace /var/www/freeside with your freeside document root
<DirectoryMatch "^/var/www/freeside/rt/.*NoAuth/images">
SetHandler None
</DirectoryMatch>
# replace /var/www/freeside with your freeside document root
<Directory /var/www/freeside/rt/Ticket/Attachment>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Mason
</Directory>

I then restarted apache.

I logged in as one of the users that I had created for Freeside
I also enabled RT_Internal in the Freeside Configuration
and got the Support/Ticketing link on the Main Menu.

I clicked on the Ticketing Main to create a RT login for this user
I got a 500 error.
The httpsd_error log shows that RT::Init cant be found etc

I then modified httpsd.conf to include the following as instructed in the RT wiki
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ManualInstallation

<VirtualHost your.ip.address>
   ServerName your.rt.server.hostname
   DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

   # this line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
   PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   <Location />
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>
</VirtualHost>
This I added in addition to the above directives in httpsd.conf

I created a temporary user root using
#freeside-adduser -h /usr/local/etc/freeside/htpasswd root

when I now login into the Freeside system using the username root
and click on Ticketing Main; I get an additional menu option "Configure"
Clicking on COnfigure brings up Users, Groups etec
When I click on Users, there are two options
Select User, and
New User

When I click on Select User, I get the following error on the Browser

Can't locate object method "LimitToChildType" via package
"RT::CustomFields" at
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside/rt/Elements/SelectUsers line 58.
context:
54:
code stack:
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside/rt/Elements/SelectUsers:58
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside/rt/Admin/Users/index.html:72
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside/rt/autohandler:215
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside/autohandler:1

The httpsd_error log shows the following:
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""
RT::Handle=HASH(0x291ef8c) couldn't execute the query 'SELECT  * FROM
Principals WHERE LOWER(PrincipalType) = ? AND (ObjectId IS NULL OR
ObjectId = '')' at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 494.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""
RT::Handle=HASH(0x291ef8c) couldn't execute the query 'SELECT  * FROM
Principals WHERE LOWER(PrincipalType) = ? AND (ObjectId IS NULL OR
ObjectId = '')' at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 494.

In case you've managed to reach this far:
I installed rt 3.4.1 separately with a separate database rt3 and havent
encountered the above problems.
I am able to create users, groups, queues and so on (the whole ball of wax)

I would appreciate any clues to the above.

--
Regards,

Shivkumar