Freeside-RT integration issues

Shivkumar shivkumar at outbackwifi.com
Tue May 10 20:33:41 PDT 2005

hi,

Ive installed Freeside v1.5.0pre6 CVS dated 21 April 05 on a Solaris 8
sun-sparc machine.

I am now trying to integrate the RT (request tracker) module.
as per the instructions given,
I edit top-level Makefile and enable RT
Install all the required perl modules thro CPAN
Created the group rt
#make configure-rt
no errors
#make create-rt
dies with this error

rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert_initial \
&& rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile
/opt/rt3/etc/initialdata \
|| true
Checking for existing system user...not found.  This appears to be a new
installation.
Creating system user...[Wed May 11 03:37:45 2005] [crit]: Couldn't
create a Principal on new user create. Strange things are afoot at the
circle K (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm:479)
Could not create user

I have looked at the RT wiki at bestpratical.
there is a mention of this error occuring with DBD-Pg- > 1.40
They recommend installing DBD-Pg-1.32
Just for kicks, I installed DBD-Pg-1.32 from source (I already have
DBD-Pg-1.41_1)
and again ran make create-rt.
I still am getting the same error.
So what gives?

--
Regards,

Shivkumar
IT Global Solutions
F-4/7, Vasant Vihar
New Delhi-110057
Ph:+91-11-55262828
Cell:+91-9312878533
VOIP:30002225#
Website:www.itglobalsolutions.com

NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message are proprietary and intended only for personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the recipient is not the addressee, he or she should immediately notify the sender and destroy the information transmitted without making any copy or distribution thereof. The information contained in this transmission may also be subject to a non-disclosure agreement. If so, for confidentiality retention, the recipient is only allowed to disclose the information to those who are bound under provisions of the agreement . Thank you.