[freeside] <BR> at the end of files

ivan ivan at 420.am
Fri Mar 25 23:54:04 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 10:39:26PM -0700, Scott Edwards wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:47:41 +0100, nicolas vigier
> <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wonder why there are so much <BR> at the end of pages. Can I remove
> > them safely, or is there any reason to keep them ?
>
> I'll await for ivan to officially comment.  My observations are merely
> my own. Pages with internal shortcuts won't sync the section to the
> top of the browser window unless there's enough content to fill the
> window.  The extra whitespace accommodates that.

Yup.

> (error messages also spew at the bottom, keeping the uninformed
> undisturbed by them)

Hmm... not error messages, but if you install a patched DBIx::Profile
(http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=738 or the Debian package) and
add "PerlModule DBIx::Profile" to httpd.conf, database profiling will
show at the bottom of each page.

p.s. last I checked I think this was incompatible with "PerlModule
Apache::DBI", or at least the profiling was not correct.