[freeside] Changing the Currency Symbol in the PDF Invoice

Julius Igugu ofasa at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 09:14:24 PST 2005

--- ivan <ivan at 420.am> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 01:46:25AM -0800, Julius Igugu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do I change the currency displayed in the pdf invoices?
> >
> > I have set the default currency symbol in the configuration to 'NGN', email
> > invoices display correctly, but the pdf invoices and some parts of the web
> > interface still display the '$' symbol.
> >
> > I'm currently running FreeSide 1.5.0pre5 on RedHat 9.0.
>
> If you could list the specific places the web interface is still
> displaying the '$' symbol instead of the "money_char" configuration
> value, someone may be able to help you patch them.

It's displaying on the 'Post Payment' page.

> For the PDF invoices, looks like you can update the "invoice_latex"
> template and redefine the "\dollar" macro:
>
>   \newcommand{\dollar}[1][]{\symbol{36}} % Inserts dollar symbol

I already did this but the last two lines still displays the '$' symbol.
The text from is pdf invoice is below:

  Ref     Description                    Quantity      Unit Price     Amount
  37      Standard Residential Broadband (03/19/05 - 04/19/05)
       Home-Standard Account: john at akwa.net  1         N20000.00
N20000.00
       Total
$20000.00