[freeside] Changing the Currency Symbol in the PDF Invoice

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Mar 22 11:32:31 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 01:46:25AM -0800, Julius Igugu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I change the currency displayed in the pdf invoices?
>
> I have set the default currency symbol in the configuration to 'NGN', email
> invoices display correctly, but the pdf invoices and some parts of the web
> interface still display the '$' symbol.
>
> I'm currently running FreeSide 1.5.0pre5 on RedHat 9.0.

If you could list the specific places the web interface is still
displaying the '$' symbol instead of the "money_char" configuration
value, someone may be able to help you patch them.

For the PDF invoices, looks like you can update the "invoice_latex"
template and redefine the "\dollar" macro:

  \newcommand{\dollar}[1][]{\symbol{36}} % Inserts dollar symbol