[freeside] Export to Freeradius MySQL database

Peter Kolbe peter at venturenet.co.za
Fri Mar 4 03:33:46 PST 2005

Freeside exports crypt passwords to radius database.

Freeradius then reads the encrypted passwords out of radius database when it
needs it.

the Encryption linux systems uses (hopefully) cannot be decrypted,
What freeradius does is encrypt the password the NAS supplies, and compares
it with the encrypted pass in the DB.
if they match, then there is a very good chance the passwords are the same,
so it allows auth.

Hope that helps
Peter