platypus migration?

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 12:48:47 PDT 2005

I've seen some discussion about migrating or migrated platypus data to
freeside.  My searches against the mailing list and sisd.com have only
returned comments about it, but no helpful details on how it was done.

Does anyone have details on migrating platypus data to a freeside
setup?  The freeside release was CVS HEAD as of a few weeks ago.  It's
running on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE.

I added a user with SELECT only rights on the tables to the mssql
database running platypus.  I've also installed ActiveState Perl on a
windows machine.  It's able to see data in each of the tables.  I also
have an odbc driver installed for postgresql 8.  I have yet to test a
perl script on a pg database.  Platypus is version 5.

The platypus documentation doesn't fare much.

If anyone can provide some details, I'd appriciate it.

Thanks.

Scott