[freeside-users] Self Service Server Timeout

James McDonald james at homelandinternet.com
Tue Jul 12 11:51:06 PDT 2005

I have just upgraded to 1.5.7 and it appears to have fixed the issue
that prevented the self service server from running under FreeBSD.
I've gotten a lot further now but I'm running against one last issue.

The freeside-selfservice-server process spawns on the Freeside
machine without any issue and the log entries look fine. On the self
service client machine, the freeside-selfservice-clientd process is
started and the corresponding log entries also look good.

When I go to the CGI scripts on the self service server, I get the
correct login screens, but when I enter either user information for
the selfservice script or agent login information for the agent.cgi
script and try to log in, the script times out. In the log file, the
last entry is "[client] [Tue Jul 12 11:44:27 2005] [500] [child-500]
waiting for response from parent".

I can SSH from either machine to the other without a password, so I
know that SSH is working.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

James