[freeside-users] Signup Server Realtime Problems -Fixed

Shivkumar shivkumar at outbackwifi.com
Wed Jul 6 01:05:14 PDT 2005

Hi,
I was digging around in the code to figure out why the realtime
transaction was not getting triggered. It then struck me that all these
event based triggers have to be defined by the user as part of the
business logic. So I looked inside the View/Edit Invoice events option
in Sysadmin. There was an entry which said that if a credit card event
fails, suspend the account immediately. This option was basically
disabling the account without any realtime process getting fired at all.
So I disabled this eent and added another event called Run_Realtime
which would run a realtime transaction using the credit card module if
the PayBy option selected was "CARD". Once this event was in place, the
moment I signed up as a new customer , it ran the realtime transaction
and upon  successful authorization, returned the success page!.
This just goes to show how somoeone with little or no knowledge of the
billing process can end up blaming the system for not working at all.
My apologies to everyone for making you put on your thinking caps over a
non issue (no wonder Ivan was quiet about the whole thing!)

Regards,

Shivkumar