[freeside-users] Admin/Programmer Needed

Dana Hudes dhudes at hudes.org
Thu Dec 15 05:11:15 PST 2005

Kyle,
I have extensive experience with RADIUS and an am an expert Linux/Unix
admin. I have done some work with Freeside.
I have also setup news service (USENET) many times.
Overall I am an  experienced senior network engineer with a decade of
experience in the ISP sector.

I am amazed that in 2005 someone in the contintental US can make money on
dialup. 100 users/month is not bad but you will need more to really get
ahead.

In terms of compensation I'm aware of your budget constraint and the
market but I have overhead to cover too (my electric bill just jumped by
1/3; I'm looking for an 'alternate energy provider' but unlike the CLEC
biz where everyone touts a price this 'ESCO' just make vague promises ).
I can do $80/hr corp-corp. I'm not anticipating very many hours each week.

In terms of reaching me, I give clients my cell phone and advise of hours
that I can be reached. I do have a day job but have time before work if
need be and of course evenings and weekends.

you can find my cv at http://www.hudes.org/resume.html

In short: BS,MS Comp. Sci.; coursework completed for PhD in Computer
Engineering (specializing in Information Security) , working on a thesis
topic; 22 years IT industry experience, 10 years in the ISP sector now
doing enterprise Solaris administration. Former Computer Science
Professor. I do C, Perl and a bunch of other stuff. Lots and lots of
apache....the list goes on. What I am not is I am not a 20 y.o. undergrad
who has poked around and thinks he's a consultant and expert.
You'll get plenty of those and sometimes they have their uses (heh, a
couple of my former students were pretty sharp).
They lack the overall depth and understanding of business.
Hence, though I may be considerably more expensive, I'm worth it.

Sincerely,
Dana Hudes