[freeside-users] freeside - too slow

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Fri Aug 26 07:14:32 PDT 2005

Victor <victor at ambra.ro> wrote on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:59:17 +0300....

+----------
| From: Victor <victor at ambra.ro>
| To: ivan-freeside at sisd.com
| Subject: [freeside-users] freeside - too slow
|
| I use freeside 1.4.1 with apache::asp on a dual processor sempron 2.2Gh..
| It works too hard in strange conditions.
|
| I try to load the main page and the processor is at 100% - http process
| takes it all.
| The page is just some html.
| After I load it a few times works better, but after another few minutes
| it takes all the processor again.
|
| How can I make it more efficient?
| How can I debug it? - I want to know what is heapening when the
| processor at 100%.
|
| I have installed the last versions for  freeside modules.
+----------

  Fix your computer.  I run freeside on a 350Mhz PII with 256MB of RAM
and it performs adequately.  Your issues have nothing to do with freeside.

  I suggest top and vmstat might provide clues as to what is wrong with
your computer, along with some simple benchmark tools like bonnie and so on.

  Jeff

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]