[freeside] Re: Unable to add records to domain because SOA is missing

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 00:21:31 PDT 2005

On 4/16/05, ivan <ivan at 420.am> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 12:08:40AM -0600, Scott Edwards wrote:
> > On Apr 4, 2005 9:40 AM, Kristian Hoffmann <khoff at fire2wire.com> wrote:
> > > I was going to say, just add an SOA record first.  But it looks like you
> > > can't through the web interface.  I'll see if I can write up a quick fix
> > > and commit it today.  Maybe Ivan can back-port it for you, if you'd be so
> > > kind as to post the version of freeside that you're running. ;-)
> > >
> > > -Kristian
> >
> > In my last reply I stated I'm running 1.4.1.  Have you had time to fix
> > this?  I still haven't upgraded, but it may be a few days before I can
> > do that.
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> >

> > Scott Edwards
> > --
> > Daxal Communications - http://www.daxal.com
> > Surf the USA - http://www.surfthe.us
>
> I just set the default SOA records in the config.
>
> I have no current plans for a backport of anything else to 1.4 or
> anything besides maintenance for grave problems on that branch.
>
> --
> _ivan

The patch I've included addresses the issue I was encountering.  It
also adds AAAA record support for IPV6.  Reverses are not calculated
as in IPV4, but I may get to that later when time, need, and desire
permits.

Allows deletion of duplicate SOA records.
"kickstarts" the domain with the defaults after slave psuedo record is
deleted, or after "reset domain to defaults" button is clicked
(available when no SOA record is present).  The insert domain method
was split to allow reuse of code.

.ws and .info tld's are now accepted.

debugging flag enables verbose warnings (check apache error log) about
each record and what's happening. (off by default).

Uses Net::IPv6Addr's Net::IPv6Addr::ipv6_parse method to verify AAAA
records. (install *should* be optional, if you are not using AAAA
records).

Some contexts are hidden if they don't make sense. (eg, availability
to add records if a slave psuedo record is present, or "reset to
defaults" if no SOA is present).

I haven't applied this patch to a new install and done some regression
tests that way.  I'm working off CVS head, and it's been tested for
the last 10 days or so.

Any comments will be appreciated.  I encourage you to inspect the
code, and clean up anything I've overlooked.  The contribution carries
the same license as freeside itself.

Enjoy,

Scott Edwards