[freeside] package modifying service field

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Wed Apr 6 19:25:21 PDT 2005

nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:

    You wrote on Thu, 7 Apr 2005 00:38:03 +0200....

| From: nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>
| To: ivan-freeside at sisd.com
| Subject: [freeside] package modifying service field
|
| Hello,
|
| I'm running freeside 1.5.0pre6, and will use it to sell dial up connections.
| Some customers want the SlipStream accelerator, which has to be
| activated using some radius attributes, so I created 2 radius groups,
| one for thoses who want slipstream, one for the other customers.

| An other solution could be to create 2 services and fix the radius
| group, but I think that if I do this it might be possible to have 2
| customers with the same login, something which should not be possible.
| Or is there a way to have 2 services share the avaible logins ?

  This is what you want to do.  As long as they are both svc_acct services
you will not have login conflicts.

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]