[freeside] New error on install

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Mon Nov 29 13:21:42 PST 2004

Yeah, that's what I decided but I can't figure out what's different between
this postgresql install and the last. I just reinstalled the exact same
things on this machine that I did last tme (that worked) except for using
CPAN to get all perl modules rather than using the debian packages.

That error seems to relate to a client trying to use UTF-8 or UNICODE when
the database isn't set up for it (that's what I got from google anyway).

Hmmm -- revision to that statement. It seems I did something screwey upon
postgresql install and it;s creating databases to USE "UNICODE" and
anything sent in non-UNICODE (which is normal for western text) will crash
it.

<SIGH>

Going to rip out the whole postgres install and re-do it. I've dug through
the configs and I din't see where it's setting the database creation type.

Gerald