[freeside] Long time no bother...

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sun Nov 21 13:51:43 PST 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 03:27:57PM -0600, David Burgess wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> It's been a while since we e-mailed last, and I thought I'd touch base
> with you.
>
> I've been following the development of Freeside, and the staff here is
> finally getting fed up with Optigold, so it's getting to be time to ask
> the question again:
>
> Do you have an Optigold -> Freeside converter/importer available?

Sorry, nope.  I have importers for more old, obscure, and on-off systems
than I know what to do with, but the only more generally useful ones I
have are for Quickbooks and Rodopi.

> I still don't know if I'm going to be able to make the transition away
> from Optigold - I'm afraid that I'd lose too much information and screw up
> too many customer records in the transition.  There is significant risk
> there, even though I've had Freeside up and running here for several
> years.

Oh, bollocks, its not all THAT scary.  Keep talking like that and you'll
make me want to write your import script for you so you'll start
sending in patches again.  :)