Long time no bother...

David Burgess burgess at neonramp.com
Sat Nov 20 13:27:49 PST 2004

Hi Ivan,

It's been a while since we e-mailed last, and I thought I'd touch base
with you.

I've been following the development of Freeside, and the staff here is
finally getting fed up with Optigold, so it's getting to be time to ask
the question again:

Do you have an Optigold -> Freeside converter/importer available?

If not, no big deal; I'm just kind of hoping that I can start with what
you have and either finish it up, or run with it myself.  After all,
there's no point reinventing the wheel if you've already got a start on
it.

BTW - note the new title.  I bought my partner out of the company (the one
that signed us up for that POC optigold) and his minions are on their way
out as we speak.

I still don't know if I'm going to be able to make the transition away
from Optigold - I'm afraid that I'd lose too much information and screw up
too many customer records in the transition.  There is significant risk
there, even though I've had Freeside up and running here for several
years.  I even wrote a NetBSD PKGSRC definition for it at one point.

Anyway, if you've got anything, even thoughts on how to approach it, I'd
be glad to hear from you.  Heck, I'd be glad to hear from you anyway.

--
Dave Burgess
President, Nebraska On-Ramp