[freeside] Error: Illegal or empty (text)

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon Mar 15 15:03:53 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 02:32:05PM -0800, Diane Xu wrote:
> This is diane again. I just joined the mailing-list a few days ago (so
> I'm not asking this question again.  And if I find the solution, I'll
> also post it out to let others know).  I posted the problem last week
> and Jeremy was just trying to help me.  Here's what happened:

I was responding to Jeremy's reports about CGI.pm which lacked details.
I'd really like to track down this problem, but I need more information
in order to do so.

Jeremy reported the problem in CGI.pm "over 3", but didn't specify a
version that exhibited the problem.  I'm using CGI.pm 3.01 (bundled with
Perl 5.8.3) without problems.

Diane, you reported the same problem with CGI.pm 2.81 (bundled with
Perl 5.6.1).  I'm also using CGI.pm 2.81 without problems.  Jeremy
reported he downgraded to 2.89 to solve his problem.

This seems to indicate that the problem is to triggered by a more
complex set of factors that simply the CGI.pm version.

If Jeremy (and anyone else having this problem) would post the complete
list of software versions requested (at least: OS, perl, mod_perl,
CGI.pm, Apache::ASP or HTML::Mason), as you did, that would be a good
step towards isolating the problem.