[freeside] Merge to 1.4.1 db's into one?

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon Mar 15 10:09:40 PST 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 11:56:26AM -0500, Rick Harby wrote:
> Anyone have any good ideas on how to merge two 1.4.1 DB's into one? We now
> own two ISP's, both using 1.4.1 and want to put them all in one system.

Interesting.  You might try incrementing the primary keys on one of the
databases by a large number so they don't intersect (say, add 100000 to
all primary keys) and then merging all the data into a single database.

I've never run into this situation myself (all the acquisitions/mergers
I've helped with have been moving *other* billing systems' data into
Freeside) but I'm curious about how this works out for you.