[freeside] Business::OnlinePayment config for AuthNet

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Dec 9 14:56:28 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 04:34:05PM -0600, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
> > > Where does the "transaction key" go since we don't use referrer URLs?
> >
> > Freeside doesn't use transaction keys.
>
> The AIM docs say under "Minimum requirements for AIM" heading:
> http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide.pdf
>
> The following MINIMUM name/value pairs must be submitted to the gateway
> when using AIM:
>
> x_version =>3.1
> x_delim_data => True
> x_relay_response => False
> x_login => login ID
> x_tran_key => transaction key
> x_amount => $ of transaction
> x_card_num => CC number
> x_exp_date => CC exp date
> x_type => (AUTH_CAPTURE, AUTH_ONLY, CAPTURE_ONLY, CREDIT, VOID,
>                    PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE)
>
> Password is not in the API at all and not an available variable for passing
> in the list they provide in the document?? I did a search for x_password
> and it isn't there.

It appears their current documentation is not complete in this regard.

All my Authorize.Net installs (it is by far the most popular gateway),
including those setup recently, all use username/passwords and not
transaction keys.

> They are phasing it out in favor of the MD5 HASH'd transaction key. I'm not
> even sure we can turn the ability to use x_password back on since we have
> been using the transaction key for a year now at least via our secure php
> pages and not sending a password at all. I recall them sending us a notice
> that we should turn off "require password" in our settings online.
>
> I can probably dig the php code out that calculates the hash value to be
> sent if you'd like to see it.

Well, my Authorize.Net installs are working fine and I've got lots of
other stuff to do, so personally I don't see myself being able to spend
much time on looking at example PHP code or working on this.

On the other hand, perhaps someone else might want to work with you on a
patch or I might get an Authorize.net install in the future that won't
work with a user/pass like all my previous installs, so it certainly
can't hurt to send it.

Good luck.