Business::OnlinePayment config for AuthNet

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Thu Dec 9 12:46:25 PST 2004

Does anyone have an example for the config page setup to get AuthNet
working. I'm probably overcomplicating and it really just should be:

AuthorizeNet
our_username
our_password

to get it working since we are already using AIM through a custom php
signup page and it's all set up at the AuthNet end.

Where does the "transaction key" go since we don't use referrer URLs?

I'm also interested in the 4th line for actions. Our php page let's us set
the config file to send only test transactions until we are sure it's right
and change the config to "live" -- the only other way I know to do that is
to turn on test mode at AuthNet and that makes our "in use" php signups
"dead" until I'm done setting up/testing freeside.

I looked through the php pages (not coded by me) and don't see if it is
just sending "TEST" as an additional parameter to the transaction. If yes,
what do I need to put on the 4th line to keep Freeside "dead" until I'm
done setting it up?

Hmm -- further digging shows "process.php" setting the strings to send as:

x_Variable_Name => Value_Set_In_Config.php

And looking at the AIM docs:

If value passed in "X_TEST_REQUEST" is TRUE then transaction is treated as
a test.

So now, I guess my question is the FORM required for additional parameters
on line 4. Authorizenet is looking for "X_TEST_REQUEST = TRUE" but the
example only shows:

An optional fourth line specifies the action or actions (multiple actions
are separated with `,': for example: `Authorization Only, Post
Authorization'). Optional additional lines are passed to
Business::OnlinePayment as %processor_options.

Do I just put 'Test Request' as one of the options and that causes it to
behave as "Test_Request = TRUE"?

And, finally...

We also want to use ACH which we are NOT currently using via our php pages.
If we use ACH the one Business::OnlinePayment config handles that too,
correct? We only set up the ACH-ALTERNATE if we were to do ACH through a
different gateway than AuthNet?

Thanks,

Gerald