[freeside] virus messages on the list

ivan ivan at 420.am
Wed Aug 4 11:08:43 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 12:05:50PM -0400, Albert Whale wrote:
> ivan wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 11:54:07PM -0400, Albert Whale wrote:
> >
> >Again, I'm sorry, but I can in no way consider pointing my MX through a
> >
> >shared system not under my control, with no documentation that clearly
> >states which blacklists, methodology, software and tuning is used to
> >reject mail.  If you'd like to discuss this further please do so
> >off-list.
>
> If you are interested in the process currently in place, I will discuss
> it with you, as long as there is a Non-Disclosure in effect.

I can in NO WAY consider pointing my MX through a shared system not
under my control, in which you will not PUBLICLY DISCLOSE AND KEEP
UP-TO-DATE the blacklists, methodology, software and tuning used to
reject mail, as well as provide _advance_ notice when those methods
change.  Doing otherwise would be a completely unacceptable risk for my
business.

> If you are interested, please let me know.

I am NOT interested.  I will be filtering my own mail with the same
setup that runs at some of my customer sites: carefully selected
low-collateral-damage DNSBL lists, ClamAV, and spamassassin.  Thanks.