backup prior to upgrade to 1.5

Roger Alumbaugh Roger at Alumbaugh.com
Mon Aug 2 22:39:47 PDT 2004

Can somebody check me to see if what I am thinking is right. If I am
going to try an upgrade to 1.5 from 1.4, I would be pretty safe as long
as I backed up the following files:

Copy /var/www (the location of web pages)
Copy /usr/local/etc/freeside  (location of mapsecrets etc)
Copy /usr/local/bin (location of freeside programs)
Copy /usr/local/man/man1 (location of man files)
Copy /etc/apache (location of apache config files)
Do a pg_dump freeside > backup.freeside
Copy file backup.freeside

Then if for some reason it didn't go well for me I could copy all the
files I noted above back to the server. do a pgsql freeside <
backup.freeside    . and I would be back where I started from and all
would be good.

I guess I may be a glutton for punishment cause everything is running
great right now but would like to play with the self serv server.

Thanks for any advice on upgrading..

Roger