internationalization Specifically Australia

David Uzzell david at uzzell.com.au
Mon Oct 6 08:31:47 PDT 2003

Running Freeside 1.4.1 on Mandrake 9.1 Apache 1.3.28 mod_perl 1.28
(finally gave apache2 away as a bad joke! :( )

I have searched back through the mailling list and have found some
information and some ways to change the DB´s etc for different phone
numbers and different States and different post codes and stuff like
that but it all relates to WAY back in 99 :( and some of the files that
they make mention of to update/change to allow for different feild
lengths don´t seem to be there in the current version like dbdef.pm
unless it has changed name to something a little closely related.

The things that I am intrested in direction on how to update are;
1) post codes as all of our Australian codes are 4 digits like 2222
2) States like NSW, SA, QLD, NT, ACT, VIC, TAS, WA
3) POP Dial-in number now being australia wide single call number
like 		    0198 XXX XXX
4)10% GST on everything. I must admit I have not moved into this to much
so there may be a way to get it to work without anychange but it is
something that Australian internationalization needs.

There may be other things that Australia needs that are slightly
different which I have missed but at this point not that I can think of!

I am not very good at hard coding but I am willing to give it a go to
get it working if someone wants to point me the correct direction of the
files and configs that I would need to change to make this work! I would
be happy to supply these changes back so that others could make use of them!

Thanks

David Uzzell