[freeside] Error: Illegal payment type. Signup Server.

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.net
Mon Jun 16 18:29:53 PDT 2003

Hi David,

When you install FS "out of the box," nothing is set up.  At a bare
minimum, you will need to set up:

1. an Agent Type (for sales agents)
2. an Agent
3. an Advertising Source
4. a Service
5. a Package, comprising one or more Services.

Then, you need to set up the Agent as authorized to sell the Package.

Now, while I think in general this list is very hostile and too prone
to screaming RTFM at people, you really do owe it to the other members
to at least look at the FM, if not read it all the way through.  Note
that this information is explicitly mentioned in
http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/admin.html

Best,

Randall