[freeside] Sending and [re]sending statements

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.net
Mon Jun 16 13:38:48 PDT 2003

1. Something I thought I'd point out: while "reprint invoice" seems
like it would work if it merely called the collection methods on the
bill object, what it actually does (v1.40) is:

<code>
         open(LPR,"|$lpr") or die "Can't open $lpr: $!";
         print LPR $cust_bill->print_text; #( date )
         close LPR
</code>

Is there any interest in reworking this and/or adding a separate link /
script to explicitly email the invoice?

2. Again, does there exist anywhere a canonical method for producing a
statement, that is, a list of all bill, pay, credit, and refunds,
within a given period, with a balance-forward and end of period
balance, for a given time frame?

Would there be any interest in putting such a thing together if it does
not exist?

Best,

Randall