mediation + freeside

Lal, Deepak (Contractor) dlal at harris.com
Thu Jul 24 07:50:48 PDT 2003

I am trying to see if I can use freeside to bill users in an environment where
we are using Riverstone routers. I am collecting flow accounting information
using open source mediation programs mica and basalt. Basalt gives me a text
file (comma separated) that has the information for IP addresses/port/packets in
and out/etc.

How does Freeside interface with this file ?  Is the source for billing
information in Freeside a Radius server's accounting records? Does Freeside come
with some process that can read text files? If I need to pull the information
from the text file, where do I have to write this information (Tables in
database) so that freeside can do the billing.

Thanks

Deepak