[freeside] Upgrading to CVS?

Genise Pearce glp at cortland.com
Tue Jul 15 12:06:25 PDT 2003

Okay, I understand that now. Thank you =.) Wasn't trying to be a pain.
However, now I've started from scratch.. getting errors.

Going through the initial setup of services and packages.. I get this when I
click "View/Edit Package Definitions"

error:
Error during compilation of /var/www/freeside/browse/part_pkg.cgi:
Variable "%num_active_cust_pkg" will not stay shared at
/var/www/freeside/browse/part_pkg.cgi line 148.

System is: Debian Testing/Unstable
DB: Postgres 7.3.3
Web: Apache 1.3.27
Using Mason
Freeside: 1.5.0pre3

If you need more info, I will give more. Help would be extremely appreciated.
I totally wiped the previous install. I rm'ed the tree, I dropped the DB and
everything. I can add service definitions perfectly fine, however.

and if I click "View/Edit Custom Svc Broadband Fields" or custom router fields
or routers, I get:

error:
Error during compilation of /var/www/freeside/browse/part_sb_field.cgi:
Global symbol "$psf" requires explicit package name at
/var/www/freeside/browse/part_sb_field.cgi line 26.
Global symbol "$psf" requires explicit package name at
/var/www/freeside/browse/part_sb_field.cgi line 31.
Global symbol "$psf" requires explicit package name at
/var/www/freeside/browse/part_sb_field.cgi line 32.
Global symbol "$psf" requires explicit package name at
/var/www/freeside/browse/part_sb_field.cgi line 33.

But which leads me to believe I need to finish a package definition.

and when I add a customer:

Error during compilation of /var/www/freeside/view/cust_main.cgi:
Variable "%freq" will not stay shared at /var/www/freeside/view/cust_main.cgi
line 435.
Variable "$conf" will not stay shared at /var/www/freeside/view/cust_main.cgi
line 788.
Variable "$conf" will not stay shared at /var/www/freeside/view/cust_main.cgi
line 893.
Variable "$custnum" will not stay shared at
/var/www/freeside/view/cust_main.cgi line 932.