[freeside] Upgrading to CVS?

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Tue Jul 15 04:20:13 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 03:24:55PM -0700, Genise Pearce wrote:
> Hello all
>
> There are some pieces in CVS that I am rather interested in using, I went to
> the docs and it said that the document to upgrade to CVS is incomplete.
> Mostly, I just want the broadband pieces because we're a DSL/Wireless/T1
> dealer.
>
> Is everything there that I need? Is there a way to possibly "rip" those parts
> out and put it into my current 1.4.1rc3 installation or is that going too
> far?

The big difference between major revisions (1.4 -> 1.5) is a change to
the database schema, so it makes little sense to create your own tree
based on 1.4.1rc3 with patches from the 1.5 branch.  You might as well
just run 1.5 from CVS head or a development snapshot.  The 1.5 schema
is still subject to change, so you'd need to be comfortable updating
your database for schema changes without the release-level
documentation.

I have several customers using 1.5.0 prereleases in production.