bandwidth usage

Aaron Collins aaronc at calpop.com
Fri Feb 28 12:17:05 PST 2003

I'm going to attempt to add the ablity to do bandwidth utilization
charges in fresside based on the 95 percentile. And charge for over
usage, can you recomend a good starting point?  I'm reading through the
docs & mail archives and I notice several people have started this great
hunt.  I plan on using MRTG with the 95.pl script from sean adams to
create the averages. Then I'll throw those into a sql db.  What I'm
wondering is, is their a way to add a hook into freeside so that at the
end of the billing period, it will run a custom script that I write and
pass it a value like a (username || userid) and be able to add the
returned value on to the overall monthly bill?
  If you feel that I'm aproaching this wrong, could you offer a better
solution?