[freeside] Account Numbers

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Mon Sep 30 17:02:06 PDT 2002

James McDonald <james at navarette.net> wrote on Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:47:21 -0700....

+----------

| I have imported customer records from our previous billing system into
| Freeside, including all of the account numbers. All of the account numbers
| start in the 600 range and go into the thousands. As we add new customer
| records, however, the new account numbers started at 1, 2, 3, etc. This is
| causing management minor fits, as the new customers will have a lower
| account number than older customers. Is there any way to have Freeside start
| new customer numbers at a specific number, or to even to have it start
| numbering at the next available number after the maximum value of field?

  Adjust /usr/local/etc/freeside/counters.<datasrc>/cust_main.custnum to
meet your needs.

Jeff

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]