Account Numbers

James McDonald james at navarette.net
Mon Sep 30 13:47:18 PDT 2002

I have imported customer records from our previous billing system into
Freeside, including all of the account numbers. All of the account numbers
start in the 600 range and go into the thousands. As we add new customer
records, however, the new account numbers started at 1, 2, 3, etc. This is
causing management minor fits, as the new customers will have a lower
account number than older customers. Is there any way to have Freeside start
new customer numbers at a specific number, or to even to have it start
numbering at the next available number after the maximum value of field?

Thanks!

James