[freeside] Adding a Prepaid Dialup Account to Freeside

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Mon Sep 23 05:58:41 PDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 10:54:30AM +0530, Rajiv Bajaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Freeside 1.40, with Apache::ASP on Red Hat 7.3 with
> Postgres 7.2 and DBI 1.30.
>
> I desperately need help setting up different prepaid dialup options
> without shell access.

"Without shell access" doesn't really have anything to do with Freeside.
It depends on how you configure exports to provision the accounts. Don't
enable any exports to shell machines, or, if you are doing that for some
other reason, set the "shell" field to "fixed" and something like
"/bin/false".

> In create a service and create a package what options would I select
> for a 25 hour prepaid account

25 hours * 60 minutes/hour * 60 seconds/minute = 90000

Set "seconds" to "default" and "90000".

> which expires in three months

No automatic way to do that per-account at the moment.

> (a web interface with a pin could be used to renew the account).

Yes, it could...

> Also I have managed to create a service and add it to a package, but
> when I go to sell a package to a customer, it gives me a droplist for
> domain with no options. Where can I populate this domain list and what
> is it used for.

httemplate/docs/admin.html

Set a "fixed" domain in the service definition if you don't want to use
it.

Wrap your lines at <80 columns in the future.