[freeside] freeside-1.4.0pre12 installation error

ivan ivan at 420.am
Wed May 22 04:31:13 PDT 2002

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 11:52:02PM -0700, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:

> I thought MySQL didn't work with 1.4.0pre.

It doesn't.  fs-setup should run, but:

- Customer searching and browsing
- Package searching and browsing
- Account searching and browsing
- freeside-queued

are all incompatible with MySQL, as it does not support some of the
complex (but standard SQL) queries necessary for these functions.  They'll
need to be rewritten with workarounds for MySQL.

Why people continue to install with MySQL despite the very large warnings
that it is not supported is beyond me.

http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=300 for information on
what needs to be done to support MySQL.  I'm not planning on doing this
work, so if it isn't contributed, 1.4.0 will not support MySQL.