Postgres setup questions

Alan Murrell swasak at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 23 17:27:11 PST 2002

I am rather new to using Postgres, but need to use it in order to use the latest version of Freeside.  I was just wonder what sort of authentication method should be used for it, because I seemt o be having some not-so-good luck with the default, which is IDENT.  Here is what is currently in my pg_hba.conf file:

local    all    ident    sameuser

I have tried "password" and "crypt", but without success.  How have others got their PostgreSQL setup?  I am on Mandrake 8.2, PostgreSQL 7.1, Freeside 1.4.0pre11.  When I run "bin/fs-setup freeside" (as user freeside), I get the following error:

-----
DBI->connect(host=localhost;dbname=freeside) failed: could not connect to server: Connection refused at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/FS/UID.pm line 88
DBI->connect error: could not connect to server: Connection refused
-----

I did enter the password for the freeside PostgreSQL user in the Makfile, where is said DB_PASSWORD.  Your help is appreciated.

Alan Murrell swasak at hotmail.com