[freeside] Authorization Question

Jason jbrunk at whitetec.com
Sun Sep 30 09:21:54 PDT 2001

i understand how the .htaccess works, but what i am curious about comes from
this page of the documentation.

http://www.sisd.com/freeside/docs/config.html

the third option down, "which maps Apache users to a file which contains DBI
data source, username and password.  Every line in
/usr/local/etc/freeside/mapsecrets shold contain a username and a "filename"
seperated by whitespace"

that is what is confusing me, because i thought if i use htpassword to
create/modify my mapsecrets file, then it would be username/password not
username/filename  so if i create my mapsecrets file with username/password
then where does the file with the datasource/user/pass come in?

maybe that explains my confusion a little better :)  thanx for helping so
far:)

jason