[freeside] Problem with fs_signup_server

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue May 15 03:15:16 PDT 2001

See htdocs/docs/signup.html, specifically:

* Append the identity.pub from the freeside user on your freeside
  machine to the authorized_keys file of the newly created freeside user
  on the external machine(s).

You can verify you have followed this step correctly because you will be
able (as the freeside user) to SSH without a password from the Freeside
machine to the external public webserver.

Note you should run the signup server on an external public web server,
not your Freeside machine, which should be completely isolated from the
outside world.

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 09:53:59AM +0700, Willy Marlian wrote:
> When I try fs_signup_server it returned like bellow:
>
> [freeside at titan fs_signup]$ ./fs_signup_server admin localhost 1 1
> [fs_signup_server] Connecting to localhost...
> [fs_signup_server] Sending locales...
> Permission denied.
> [fs_signup_server] Sending package definitions...
> [fs_signup_server] Sending POPs...
> [fs_signup_server] Entering main loop...
> [fs_signup_server] Reading (waiting for) signup data...
> DEBUG
> reader = IO::Handle=GLOB(0x80e49d8)
>

> I have set the Debug to 2, and add print $reader command to the program,
> but the $reader variable only fill with "IO::Handle=GLOB(0x80e49d8)".
> I wonder what is the variable $reader supposed to be fill?

That looks correct.

> Also why I received the message Permission denied?

Probably because you didn't setup SSH keys as above.

--
meow