[freeside] Fatal Error Revisited

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon Jun 25 21:16:27 PDT 2001

In the future, please post your question or problem in accordance with the
guidelines you were sent when you signed up for the list, and which you
quote at the bottom of your message below.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:24:33PM -0400, Ian Scott wrote:

> Now, I have got it to the point where I am receiving this error:
> FATAL: /usr/local/etc/freeside//conf.DBI:mysql:freeside doesn't exist!

> at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/Conf.pm line 57.
>
> Please note the double // between freeside and conf.DBI

Irrelevant; it's equivalent to a single /

> I HAVE created the directory called conf.DBI:mysql:freeside. I did a mkdir
> /usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.DBI:mysql:freeside

The error message above inidcates you have not created the directory in
question.  Line 57 of Conf.pm reads:

  -e $dir or die "FATAL: $dir doesn't exist!";

One could posit, of course, that your Perl installation was broken in some
way which caused this test to fail even though the directory *did* exist,
but if you Perl or OS is that badly broken you're pretty much up the
proverbial creek, as it were.

> I am still not quite sure as to what is supposed to go in that
> directory....I'm sure I'll figure that out eventually.

htdocs/docs/config.html

--
meow