Fatal Error Revisited

Ian Scott ian at pairowoodies.com
Mon Jun 25 19:21:15 PDT 2001

I checked the archives and discovered that a couple of years ago, someone
else posted exactly the same question that I am about to post, however, the
response to th at question does not help me.

I have spent about 8 hours downloading and installing all of the necessary
modules etc so that I could give Freeside a try.

Now, I have got it to the point where I am receiving this error:
FATAL: /usr/local/etc/freeside//conf.DBI:mysql:freeside doesn't exist! at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/Conf.pm line 57.

Please note the double // between freeside and conf.DBI

I HAVE created the directory called conf.DBI:mysql:freeside.  I did a mkdir
/usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.DBI:mysql:freeside

I am still not quite sure as to what is supposed to go in that
directory....I'm sure I'll figure that out eventually.

So.. what's up with this error, and where should I be looking?  Why the
double // too???  Am I getting close to getting this up and running or am I
looking at another 8 hours?

Ian H. Scott
ICQ # 27933066

Providing Goal Centered Internet Solutions
PairoWoodies Publishing
http://www.pairowoodies.com/

Fly Fishing Links and Resources
http://flyfishing.about.com/

"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and
hornets break through"
 - Jonathan Swift