[freeside] Connection Refused?

Adrian Parker adrian at ontarioweb.ca
Tue Jun 19 12:58:04 PDT 2001

I used mod_auth and have an .htaccess file in the freeside directory.  Giving the wrong password before hand doesn't let the user in, it just reasks for the password.  Only the first time though.  You can dump your browser's cache and history and reutn and it doesn't ask for the password.  Go to the same page with a different browser on the same IP and it prompts you again.  Strange.

When I try with 'postmaster -i' it complains that one of my users I have in the Apache DBI file I had to make isn't in pg_shadow.  I'll fix that in a second though.

In pg_hba.cond I have [at bottom]:

# By default, allow anything over UNIX domain sockets and localhost.
local        all                                           trust
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     trust

It's considered a local connection anyway isn't it?

Adrian