[freeside] a contribution

rdailey at colusanet.com rdailey at colusanet.com
Mon Jun 18 11:20:18 PDT 2001

This isn't a patch by any means: it's too sloppy and un optimized.  I just
thought some people could use it as a friendly little bit of useful code.
I don't think anyone would really want this to be part of the CVS tree or
anything ;)

If anyone was curious as to what this does, it pops up all your usernames
in a list.  Above that is a text box.  You enter characters of the username
much like in most MS apps until it narrows down the username you are
looking for.  Then you click submit to get to that customer's record.  An
example of this type of thing is at:

http://javascript.internet.com/forms/list-chooser.html

This is the script I used.

One thing also to note is that this is NOT a replacement for svc_acct.cgi,
more like a quick cross-reference for lazy people with many users.  That's
why I gave it a unique name.

Anyway, thanks again for freeside, ivan, and sorry for the headaches I seem
to cause you ;)

>Please submit this as a unified context diff (diff -u).  ALWAYS submit
>patches as unified context diffs.
>
>Please _describe the changes_.
>
> > It uses Javascript to make our lives a little easier.  I just thought I
> > would share this little thing with you guys, feel free to use it if you
> want.
>
>Is Javascript absolutely necessary or would it make sense to add a
>configuration file for people to disable it?
>
>Have you tested the Javascript on Netscape, Mozilla, IE, Konqueror and
>Opera?
>
>On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 11:00:13AM -0700, rdailey at colusanet.com wrote:
> > I don't know how this one will go over, but I quickly modified the
> > svc_acct.cgi file to make for quick access:
> >
> > http://www.rickhq.com/svc_acct_search.txt
> >
> > I have it in the same directory as svc_acct.cgi as svc_acct_search.cgi and
> > it works great.
> >
> > It uses Javascript to make our lives a little easier.  I just thought I
> > would share this little thing with you guys, feel free to use it if you
> want.
> >
> > Rick Dailey
> > ColusaNET
> > <mailto:%2F%2Frdailey at colusanet.com>rdailey at colusanet.com