Password lengths (again)

rdailey at colusanet.com rdailey at colusanet.com
Fri Jun 8 10:12:27 PDT 2001

I know how much we are all against passwords longer than eight characters ;)

So, how about this one:  Passwords can be of indeterminate length when
entered.  Then, when the svc_acct.export script is run, it only reads the
first eight characters of the password when generating the passwd
file?  This way, the radius file part gets all characters, and the passwd
(for e-mail) gets the eight significant and I don't have to explain to all
of our users that they need to come up with a new password and reconfigure
their boxes.

Can anyone help me with the necessary code?

Rick Dailey
ColusaNET
<mailto:%2F%2Frdailey at colusanet.com>rdailey at colusanet.com