DBI connect error in UID.pm line 82 running fs-setup

Robert Haskins rhaskins at ziplink.net
Fri Jun 1 16:25:29 PDT 2001

I'm trying to install Freeside 1.3.0 for the first time on a Sun Blade
100 running Solaris 8 (uname -a reports "SunOS pegasus 5.8
Generic_108528-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100") with PostgreSQL 7.1.1
and Perl 5.6.1. All of the required Perl modules have been installed and
tested with their respective installation scripts. I installed DBD
version 0.98 for PostgreSQL and DBI version 1.15.

The error message I am receiving when I run the command "./fs-setup
freeside" as user freeside from the freeside source directory is the
following:

DBI->connect(host=localhost;dbname=freeside) failed: 1 at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/FS/UID.pm line 82
DBI->connect error: 1

I've read all of the freeside configuration documentation, all of the
related PostgreSQL web pages and all of the related Perl module
documentation. I've also searched the archives of this mailing list and
cannot find this error anywhere. I can connect to the PG freeside
database as the freeside user, but I just cannot seem to get this setup
script to work! I also am unable locate what "DBI->connect error: 1" means.

 From everything I've read and seen from the online demo, it looks like
freeside is an *awesome* system. I hope someone can give me a hand, I
know I must be missing something really basic and simple. I'm really
looking forward to moving my customers over to freeside. The
functionality is amazing!

Feel free to email me directly, and I'll summarize and post what I find
back to the list. Thanks in advance for your help.
--
Robert D. Haskins
WorldNET
mailto:rhaskins at wn.net