[freeside] Invoicing issue

Adam Rose adamr at eaze.net
Mon Jul 23 07:27:25 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Steve Poirier wrote:

> Sorry , my last post was in HTML, due to previous test on a ticketing
> system.
>
> Here it is in plain text.
>
> Hi,
>
> I first want to congratulates everyone who developped and still continue to
> improve FreeSide.
> We run 2 hosting companies, and the older one had serious flaws in it
> billing system.
> After installing the software, it seemed to fit what we needed. Thanks.
>
> I managed to add multiple-currency support with different symbols because
> our
> customer bases are in 3 differents countries and we bill them on their own
> currency,
> and managed to adjust Invoice_template to fit perfectly over pre-printed
> invoice
> design (no need for postscript in this case). All accounts are now imported
> and
> we are in the final stages of connecting it to our live payment gateway.
>
> But in accounting, i am far from beeing an expert. Sorry for any dumb
> questions.
> I first though that "Open invoices" were "Pending Invoices" with positive
> balance.
> And though the same thing about 30, 60 and 120 days. (For example: 60 days
> open invoices
> are unpaid or partially paid invoices aging from than 60 days.) I think i
> get it wrong.
> Because even 0 balance invoices are still displayed in "Open invoices".

An open invoice is one that has not been completely paid in full.  Each
invoice in freeside maintains a seperate balance.  You have to apply a
payment (in full) to the balance of a pending /open invoice to make it
closed.

man FS::cust_bill

> I readed the documentation many times and readed almost all threads but i'm
> still
> unsure. Is this "Pending invoices" with different aging? If it is not, is
> there any
> existing 'add-ons' to FreeSIDE to generate this kind of reports.  Any hints
> on how
> to query the DB if not, would also be greatly appreciated.

If you look at the cgi script, you will be able to see that it
governs "Aging" from the invoice date using standard unixtime algorithms.

To generate more reports:

man FS::Record - qsearch and qsearchs methods (watch out on inheritance)
man FS::cust_bill - generates the information for Invoice::Template;
man FS::cust_main - alot of usefull billing methods
                      (balance,total_owed,etc)

> Best regards,
> __
> Steve Poirier