[freeside] fixed blank IP address

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Feb 15 10:43:48 PST 2001

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 09:30:53AM -0600, Adam Rose wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> Why do you suggest using a fixed blank slipip address for services such as
> shell accounts instead of leaving it turned off.

If you leave it turned off in the service definition, then the IP address
can be specified on individual account creation.  If you set slipip to
fixed and blank in the service definition, then no IP address can be
specified on individual account creation.

> Also,
>
> Texas ISPs are to not place sales tax on any internet access (including 1
> email) under $25.00 (State Ruling).  Everything else is normal TX Sales
> Tax.  Anyone conquered this issue or have an idea howto.  As far as I can
> tell, you Bcannot assign tax rates to individual packages.

Nope, you can't.  Freeside tax system is not as complete as it could
be.  You'll need to make modifications.  Good luck.

--
meow